Please follow the steps below to install the Cisco VPN client on your MASD laptop. Using the VPN client will provide you with a secure connection into the district from home. This will allow you to access Alio and your MASD network drives (home drive and other shared drives). We have outlined the process below and provided a downloadable word document version for your convenience.
Please read the entire set of instructions before proceeding.
Before beginning with step 1 below, please right-click on the MASD VPN Config link below and choose Save Link As.
- Save the file to your dekstop for use during Step 10 below.
- MASD VPN Config (to download, right-click and choose Save link as…)
- Open the MASD VPN Config file and drag the file inside the zip file to your desktop (or save it somewhere you will remember. You will need it again during step 10 below.)
Installation Instructions: Cisco VPN Client
- Click here to open the VPN installer.
- Click “Run” (depending on your browser, you may need to download and open the file before you are prompted to click “Run”)
- Click the “unzip” button.
- Click “Next”.
- Accept the license agreement and click “Next”.
- Then click “Next” again and again.
- When the install in down click “Finish” and “Yes” to restart.
- After your computer restarts open the Cisco VPN client in the Cisco Systems VPN Clinet Folder under the All Programs menu.
- Go to the “Connection Entries” menu and click “Import”.
- Locate the “Middletown IU13 VPN Lancaster” setting file and click open.
- You should now get a message that the entry has been imported.
- Now you should be able to click the connect button and use your district username/password to login.